CARE & FAQ
Care for your Candle
- Allow the pool of melted wax to reach the edges of the containers. Soy wax requires a “memory burn” in order to prevent wax build up on the edges and tunneling.
- Remember to keep your candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick clippings.
- Keep your flame away from drafts or fans, as the moving air can alter the steady burn.
- Try not to burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time. We recommend you give your candle an hour to fill a room and that you extinguish it when the melt pool approaches 1/4″ in depth.
- Never leave your candle burning unattended or on an uneven surface.
- Remember the tin will be hot after burning! If you’re on the go, extinguish the candle with enough time for the wax to cool and solidify.
- For safety, our warning labels recommend a wick length maintained at 1/4″.
Sometimes things go wrong. We strive to provide the best quality performance, but here are some tips on fixing possible problems:
- Wick trimmed to short: DO NOT trim your wick before your first burn. We cut them to provide an optimal first burn.
- Flame too low, won’t stay lit: If your flame is very low or your wick won’t stay lit, your wick might be too short. Simply pour out some of the already melted wax and allow the flame to catch up a bit.
- Slight tunneling: If you’re not able to give the flame enough time to melt the wax all the way to the edges, don’t worry! It should be able to make up for it as it burns. You can gently encourage the melt pool by pouring out a small amount of the melted wax into a trashcan. This gives the wicks more room to catch up.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do they burn for?
The 6oz candles have an estimated burn time of approximately 60-70 hours.
- Are the candles safe for my pet?
The short answer- yes. As a reminder, always keep your flame out of reach of an animal and never leave your candle unattended. (See next question for further information)
- Do Cantrip Candles contain phthalates?
We’re happy to say that they avoid the use of phthalates or other harmful chemicals. In the event that you have allergies or sensitivities to certain scents, try a sample pack first!
- Are Cantrip Candles Vegan?
They are! There is also no animal testing involved in the candle making process
- Do Cantrip Candles fill a room?
Yes! They are specifically designed to have scents that will fill your room with an immersive scent. Larger rooms or rooms with high vaulted ceilings may need a bit more of a burn time to fill (Usually an hour and a half.) Keep in mind that open windows or drafts can help spread or limit a candles fragrance throw.